The West Herr Automotive Group is pleased to announce that it has acquired the assets of Glen Campbell Chevrolet at 8040 Transit Road in Williamsville. With this acquisition, West Herr will now have three Chevrolet dealerships that are located in Williamsville, Orchard Park and Hamburg. Additionally, this will be the third brand they represent in both the Northtowns and the Southtowns, Ford, Toyota, and now Chevrolet.
Melissa Attea has been appointed as General Manager of the dealership that currently employs 44 people. That number is expected to grow to approximately 65 employees as the volume of the store increases. The 41,000 square foot building will be renovated to a state-of-the-art General Motors Facility Image Design in 2013.
Scott Bieler, President of the West Herr Automotive Group expressed that “Our entire team is excited about the potential that this store has based on the popularity of the Chevrolet brand in Western New York and because of the outstanding location.” In 1950, West Herr started as a single point Ford Dealership in Hamburg, New York. With the addition of this dealership, West Herr now has 18 locations throughout WNY representing 20 brands: BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GMC, Honda, Jaguar, Jeep, KIA, Lincoln, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Ram, Scion, Sprinter, Subaru, and Toyota. With over 1,400 employees, selling 31,000 new and used vehicles in 2011, West Herr is the largest automotive group in New York State and 23rd largest in the nation.
Glen Campbell Chevrolet has been in business and served the Western New York community for 66 years. The dealership was founded by Glen C Campbell in 1946 and later operated by his son James E Campbell. The business has more recently been run by James G. Campbell, Jay B Campbell, and Kevin Campbell. Jay and Kevin Campbell stated that they wish to thank their loyal customers for their business and that they feel confident that the West Herr organization shares their family’s commitment to their customers and the Williamsville- Amherst community.